Förändringar v3.2 -> v3.3
- Keep track of media files that lead to a crash during library indexing (typically due to those files being corrupted) so that they can be skipped in subsequent indexing. Also, the indexing is resumed automatically once the media server restarts. Given that the restart is automatic too, the software is now self healing in those crash cases.
- The HTML5 web interface for accessing the media library was mistakenly used on iOS devices, this is now fixed by returning the iOS specific interface .
- Fix issue with PS3 where MP4 with H.264 HD and AAC surround was not playing (issue introduced in 2.7).
- Some minor GUI fixes.
Förändringar v2.7 -> v3.0
- Introduce an all new user interface, which is HTML5 based and is significantly simplified.
- Hardware accelerated H.264 encoding via Intel Quick Sync Media, allows 3 times faster encoding (up to 1080p) at half the CPU consumed by software encoding (Pro only).
- Support for Chromecast:
- An all new, search centric, HTML5 interface is available for navigating the library and selecting media to play on the Chromecast.
- Play every format on Chromecast via on-the-fly transcoding to WEBM/VP8 (Pro only).
- Support for Roku:
- The built in Roku Media Player app is now fully supported.
- Play every format on Roku via on-the-fly transcoding to H.264 and HLS streaming (Pro only).
Förändringar v2.6 -> v2.7
- Basic & Pro Add support for Bravia TVs.
- Better DLNA compliance all around for increased compatibility with devices not officially supported.
- Eliminate the browser toolbar from all versions.
- Add support for transcoding ALAC via the DC-Bass Source filter.
- Can utilize the LAV filters for transcoding when present on the system.
- Restore support for serving subtitle files to devices that change the file extension of the resource URL.
- Synching with iTunes library did not work when the library included Podcast items that were not yet downloaded - this is now fixed.
- Many other bug fixes, including some crashes in edge cases.
Förändringar v2.1 -> v2.2
- New Features
- Full support for various Sony Google TVs models.
- Avoid transcoding blu-ray movies with devices that support them.
- Improved support for transcoding Ogg Vorbis files.
- Restore the ability to enter user/password for Hulu (required to access Hulu plus by subscribers.)
- Restore support for RMVB.
- Bug Fixes
- USB drives and network drives are no longer removed from the library after a reboot.
- PS3 no longer stops playing Hulu videos once the 2GB mark is reached.
Förändringar v1.9.3 -> v1.9.6
- Pro edition
- More robust server side web browser with better support for BBC iPlayer.
- All editions
- Add device profiles for WDTV Live.
- Add device profiles for various Samsung TV models.
- Add device profiles for Android 3.0 tablets (test with Asus Eeepad Transformer TF101). Plase note that trancoding for Android requires the Pro edition, and only Android 3.0 or higher is supported.
- Add user contributed device profile for Logitech Revue.
- Add user contributed device profile for Windows Phone 7.
- Update user contributed device profile for LG BD930.
- Faster thumbnail generaion for photos.
- Better support for MKV and AVI transcoding.
- Support WEBM files (transcoding requires separate installation of WEBM directshow filters available here).
- Installation wizard now allows choosing a friendly computer name to use when discovered by other devices (i.e. this name will be displayed on TV when detected by a game console or other TV connected devices).
- Perform server side buffering for live streams to avoid stutter on devices that cannot deal with such videos properly (like the PS3 that assumes the video on demand scenario only).
- Run a CPU benchmark after installation to determine optimal transcoding settings for the system.
- Menus created from RSS/ATOM feeds are cleaner (less duplicates, and no unnecessary nesting levels).
- Installation wizard properly configures the system for decoding of MPEG1/2 and DV (assuming proper decoder are installed), and for downmizing of multi-channel audio to stereo so that transcoding can succeed in such cases.
- Media library indexing gives priority to local files and folders (over Internet content).
- Better handling of high bitrate peaks when transcoding such that playback freezes are eliminated or at the very least reduced.
- Installation wizard now configures the Windows firewall on both private and public networks when dealing with Windows 7.
- Move to latest version of ImageMagick which eliminates some rare failures to transcode photos. It also means that we do not need to modify the global ImageMagick registry key and hence we do not interfere with a normal ImageMagick installation.
- Prevent Windows from entering sleep mode when some media is streaming.
- Bug Fixes
- Return “text/xml” as mime type of device description document as required by the UPnP standard.
- Allow pausing playback for up to 4 hours (as opposed to the 2 minute limitation in previous version).
- Server can now gracefully shut down even when something is streaming.
- Fix video indexing by album and by genre.
- Fix server side browse videos to continue streaming without issues even when the audio stops in the middle.
- Fix some rare crashes related to image format conversion, detection of changes in IP addresses assigned to machine, tracking of file/folder changes, enter/exit sleep/hibernation mode and more.
- Various other minor fixes.
Förändringar v1.9.2 -> v1.9.3
- New browser toolbar that includes a menu of supported web content sites (facilitates content discovery) and a “subscribe” button (enables 1-click addition of web content to the media library).
- Monitor folders for changes and automatically reflect these changes in the media library.
- Support more than one TVersity instance on the network with the Xbox 360 - this is thanks to the fact that each instance now generates its UDN.
- Monitor changes to network interfaces on the computer and handle those changes correctly.
- Properly handle power management events (sleep, hibernate, resume) and shutdown in terms of SSDP.
- Up to 7x faster indexation of photos.
- Service starts correctly when user name (and hence installation path) includes non English characters.
- Corrupt AVI files can no longer cause the indexation process to spend many minutes on one file - we timeout after 5 seconds per file and skip it.
- Software was mistakenly transcoding mp3 above 128kbps when used with the iPhone - this is no longer the case.
- Album art is now supported for WMA and not just MP3.
- Deliver higher resolution album art when available.
- Playlists were not indexed by folder until the second time the library was refreshed - this is now fixed.
- Simplify and improve the installation wizard:
- Eliminate the configuration wizard (its functionality was merged into the installation wizard).
- Make sure the user has admin rights.
- Remove firewall rules when uninstalling.
- Warn users when skipping installation of ffdshow or when unchecking the firewall checkbox.
- When installing for the first time, the service was always set to automatic start, even when the relevant checkbox was unchecked - this is now fixed.
- Fix some rare crashes as well as many additional minor bugs.
Förändringar v1.7.3 Beta -> v1.7.4 Beta
- Pro edition
- Add support for mydamnchannel.com.
Förändringar v220.127.116.11 RC 6 -> v18.104.22.168 RC 7
- Task bar icon is no longer displaying the Initializing message indefinitely.
- Reading tags (like genre) from AAC files has been further improved to handle files with bad size header in their ilst atom.
- Flash interface (used on PCs, Wii and any device with Flash7 compatibility) allows arrow key (and mouse wheel) navigation on home page beyond first 3 items.
Förändringar v22.214.171.124 RC 3 -> v126.96.36.199 RC4
- Support for PS3 firmware 2.5.
- YouTube URLs that expire are now automatically re-acquired, eliminating the need to do a refresh of the media source.
- Support for Atom feeds generated by the new YouTube Data API.
- Support for YouTube Playlists (e.g. check this Start Trek playlist). Just add any YouTube playlist URL to TVersity and you are subscribed to it.
- Support for YouTube H.264 videos, devices that can play H.264 but cannot play FLV will now get H.264 from YouTube instead of a transcoded version created from the FLV.
- Support for the high quality videos on YouTube, TVersity will always try the high quality version first and only when not available fall back to the low quality one.
- Support for funnyordie.com video pages. Add for example this page URL to TVersity.